Monday, July 17, 2006

Building a Bankroll for Limit Holdem.

Hey Guys

After taking a 40bb-(Big Bet) swing to the downside. I have decided to make a post about bankroll management. Let's say you are wanting to build up a bankroll to play at the 75/150 limit tables. It's very possible, but it will take work and proper bankroll management.

Okay, you are wanting to build a bankroll to play the 75/150 tables. First of all, you will need to figure out which limits you would like to start out at. I recommend you start out at limits where you can afford 300bb's. There are exceptions though. If you can afford and don't mind to lose $1,000 on any given week. You may not want to start off building a bankroll at the 1/2 limits. You can start off playing at limits that might give you only 150bb's, instead of 300b's of the $1,000.

Whichever, limits you start at. You will need atleast 300 bb's to move up to the next limit. You don't want to risk your bankroll and have to start all over again. Let's say you started off playing the 1/2 limits. Before I would move up to the next limit of 2/4. I would have atleast a bankroll of $1200.

Also, the most important thing here that I can say is. Don't be embarrased if you have to move back down in limits. Let's say you started at the 1/2 limits. You built your bankroll up to 1200 to play at the 2/4 tables. You ran into a bad run of cards. Now your bankroll is $600. To be safe, and not risk going broke. I would move back down to the 1/2 limits. I have done it a few times myself.

This is the basics of proper bankroll management. Also, I personally prefer to have 600-1000 BB's for my agressive play.

Don't forget to email me if you have any questions on anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home